Modern day "motorcycle of the air" aircraft class?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Victor Bravo

Matthew, am I seeing things or are there little sailplane style winglets on that Stuka prototype???

I think that he cranked the wings for downward visibility, because it would have been terrible if those wings came straight out from the root.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Not winglets, though they could have led to their discovery a few decades earlier had the plane been adopted. ;-) They are little masts for the wire antennae strung between the wingtips and the rudder for the radio, see this drawing for a little more clarity.

Last edited:

Aerowerx

......but in a ride-on style where the bent tubes form the backrest/rollbar for attaching a seat harness and maybe the cabane for the upper wing but the pilot stills straddles the single tubes that form the main fuselage truss.
You mean like the single bent tube idea that was kicking around here last year?

saini flyer

Very Nice!
It violates my sworn oath of "simplicity at all cost" but for that one I'd make an exception. MORE PICTURES!
DSC00023.jpgIMG_0001.jpgIMG_9999.jpg

Wow! I did not know that you guys haven't seen this. I have more pictures and will post them....
BTW, anyone wants to guess the name and the builder?
Most if not all of you know the builder :cool:

FritzW

Log Member
I did not know that you guys haven't seen this.
I've seen the renderings here on the HBA before but not the actual project.
Life's too short for guessing games, what's the story on this thing? It looks like it would be a blast to fly. It seems like the ground handling would be fine. How are the controls laid out?

saini flyer

I've seen the renderings here on the HBA before but not the actual project.
Life's too short for guessing games, what's the story on this thing? It looks like it would be a blast to fly. It seems like the ground handling would be fine. How are the controls laid out?
Fritz, you are scaring us old folks with "life is too short", specially with current events :eek::oops:
I will spill the beans.....
This is the "motorcycle dragon" from Brian Carpenter. He was working on it way before the EMG projects. I have a bunch of pictures that he shared long back. Here are some more:
045.jpg045.jpg048.jpg089.jpg090.jpg093.jpg094.jpg199.jpgcycle assembly3.jpgIMG_0012.jpgIMG_0013.jpg

Victor Bravo

Boy he sure likes to weld.... my hat's off to him.

I believe he would have more success with selling kits for this than the EMG glider. At least there is a clear niche for this where it would do something specific a lot better than other airplanes. Complexity aside, it totally meets the mission for what this thread is all about.

Group Builder