Modern day "motorcycle of the air" aircraft class?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

lr27

I once rented a house that came with flame decals on the mailbox, but it didn't seem faster than any other mailbox. Flames and a skull on the lawn mower that came with the place. That didn't seem any faster either, but maybe that's because it wasn't a rider and I held it back by not walking fast enough.

Unfortunately, Google Maps doesn't have street views of that address, so I don't know if the flames are still there.

DangerZone

HBA Supporter
So..., a red Volksplane with flame decals would reach the standard highway speed limit?
That's for Volksplanes, yet if you stick a VolksWagen sign on it, it would fly even further AND emit much less NOx. Ask Volkswagen if you don't believe it, they will tell you for sure. :gig:

blane.c

HBA Supporter
Vincent "Black Widow" of the air! Just bolt empennage, wings, and gear to the engine, then saddle the engine and ride! Spurs and chaps complete the look.

FritzW

Log Member
Now that would be an epic thread, a homebuilt aircraft to use one of the enormous 1300 pound Jumo 205 diesel engines. Do any of them survive?

21st Century Blohm & Voss 222 flying boat???
Wouldn't that be SIX 1300 pound Jumo 205 diesel engines?

Sounds good to me as long as it's a wooden single seater, you might need to fill the sponsons with helium to meet part 103 :gig:

erkki67

570FF0FE-196B-4362-8239-F318E175382E.jpeg

One of my favorites is this construction, if could be built like a Savage Cub.

9119841A-CFD8-4D18-9EA3-E12AE9BEAA73.jpg

So, what is missing, a lower fuselage tube for the tailcone, and a landing gear with bushwheels like the ones of :

https://wheeleez.com

and a tailgroup that resembles a Cub, like the Zlin Savage Bobber or Agilis.

Im wondering how light such a bird could be built with a Polini Thor250 engine in the nose.

https://www.polinithor.com/en/polini-thor-250-thor-250-ds-2/