• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Model proof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gicummo

Hello,

I am new in the forum (just a month); I was reading a lot of post because I am thinking in build an airplane, but I do not decide which one by the moment.
I pretend a simple and chep ultralight, the most simple of all, but is difficult to decide. I jump from the SkyPup to some of Beaujon models, there are a lot of models I can not chose because are based on aluminium 6061 T6, and it do not exist in my country, so just wood or composite ones.

My question is simple, If I choose a model x, can I build a scaled model to validate it? If yes, which is the minimun scale to use?, what about weight, dimensions, etc?... I think this is a problem of "model theory", may be it could be to difficult to acomplish, may be not.

By the moment that's all.

thank you, and best regards.

Back