• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

mixing build methods.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gunners

So looking at my planed build, I was pondering ways to keep it under 12500 lbs. (The flying winnebago sea plane.) I was curious if it was considered bad practice to build a fuselage out of aluminum then for the wings build a aluminum frame then cover with fabric. If that is justfine how feed fabric effect the strength of the wing when compared to aluminum skin? Also are there any good books on this?

Back