• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

mixing approved species of wood

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keefer66

i emailed wicks about material to make a laminated spar, and they replied that the size needed for my application is no longer available in the lengths i need. so the question i have is knowing doug fir is heavier can a laminate be made with caps in fir and intercostals made from sitka? also not sure if i can get longerons the length i need could i use fir for them and spruce for the rest of the fuselage ?
i could build spar from all fir gaining 11 lbs by using the fir over spruce,. after looking at most of the posts in this section in forums i haven't found anything relted to my question.
i still need to email condon lumber in NY, and boulter plywood in MA.

Back