• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mitchell Wing B10 - England

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AncientAviation

Greetings all...
I thought I'd say hi and share a little of my current project I'm working on.

I purchased the B10 plans years ago as a student and started working on it when I got a job offer in the UK. Turns out, I love the place and never left!

Finally had a bit of time and money so back to step #1 and starting the build all over again.
Most of the metal work for the wing has been done - although it needs to be bent, drilled and reamed still...
The small bit of steel work has not been started but it is fairly small

Just started on the wood... or rather turning wood into sawdust!
A vacuum cleaner is high on the list!
Made 2 practice ribs and then first actual rib made...
Would hope to get the rest of the ribs done in the next couple of weeks...
Then the challenge of making a tapered spar - wood rough cut but haven't quite figured out best way to go about this yet...

Some pics of so far... my sawdust, the spruce I have and my garden shed..

Changes intended to make are to add spoilers, 2x small wing based fuel tanks and a slightly different cage as not sure I would fit or be able to get in and out of the cage as per the plans.

As an aside... I tried the two local wood glues but didn't like them that much. Using Epidermix 372 from ABE chemicals which is great stuff... Had to get it smuggled over here...
~Craig~

Attachments

• 722621AC-7FCB-4C3E-80A5-4C8C82B78CE4.JPG
    722621AC-7FCB-4C3E-80A5-4C8C82B78CE4.JPG
    60 KB · Views: 26
  • image4.jpeg
    image4.jpeg
    44.9 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6526.jpg
    IMG_6526.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6720.jpg