Missing posts?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

etterre

Hello,
First off, I'd like to thank you for the cool site. There's a lot of hard to find knowledge being shared here that I just haven't seen anywhere else. I've been going through the old posts on the "Design / Structures / Cutting Edge Technology" board and I've noticed that all of the posts made by "johnnylee" have essentially been deleted. The replies are still there, but it's kinda hard to figure out the conversation. For example:
http://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1984

Did johnnylee delete all of these or is something else going on? I'm not seeing this problem with anyone else's posts but I thought I'd mention it...

Rhino

It appears he did it himself, though I have no idea what would have prompted that.

Jman

Site Developer
Sorry for the long delay, I've been doing the Army thing and getting swamped. Flew in the first snow of the season last night though, with the doors off even!! Brrrr...

Anyway....It does appear Jonnylee has deleted his own posts. Not sure why but I can assure you it wasn't me. I do have the ability to make it so that no one can edit or delete the body of their posts but I just I really don't think that is such a good idea. I may change my mind if it becomes a bigger problem.

Jake

Captain_John

I am sure he did it himself as well.

He has the perogative to edit his comments, I believe.

Although, I am not sure what his motives may have been...

:confused: CJ

jgnunn

I administer biplaneforum.com, and I allow users to edit and del their posts, but they can only delete their post if there are no replies. This doesnt help in this case tho, he edited them out. I am thinking of adding a script that basically says "if post is older than X days no edit allowed"

Jman

Site Developer
"if post is older than X days no edit allowed"
I believe V Bulletin (what this site is run on) has an option for this. Might not be a bad idea. Gives you some time to go back and correct a bone head statement, but keeps someone from editing out everything they ever wrote for the last year for whatever reason.

Just might do that. Thanks.

Jake

P.S. Neat site by the way Jgnunn!

Rhino

Even on this old version? I'm an admin on a couple of sites that have that option, though we don't use it, but those versions are much newer. Is that considered a "hack"?

For anyone not familiar with the terminology, a "hack" is not a bad thing when speaking of vbulletin.

Jman

Site Developer
Yep, even this ANCIENT version believe it or not. This site is heavily hacked however so the thought of upgrading is a bit daunting. I hate the idea of having to transfer and or re-work the hacks makes my head spin. But, a spruce up is in order though. Soon......maybe. ;)

Jake

Group Builder