Missing in action- emojis lost in cyberspace?

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

litespeed

In the dark corner of my mind is the need to be more expressive. More than mere words can convey. I need emotion, sarcasm, humour and the general ability to more clearly express ideas and intent using the English language, with its multiple meanings.

A picture says a thousand words, a emoji has to be worth quite a few. Their absence may have passed into the long assimilated injustices of the world, but no more.

What happened with all the emojis?
Did they go on strike?
Got taken out back for a lesson?
Been placed in witness protection?
In a re-education camp?
Did they demand more electrons?
Is it a conspiracy of the FAA, green groups and a secret cabal of garden Gnomes?
Have they been used as test subjects for bird ingestion in Jet engines?

We need to have proof of life for our brave comrades and seek their speedy return.

litespeed

No my friends,

I mean the many emojis that we could previously use and would be on the old emojis panel but it is empty.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
Help would be appreciated. If someone has a link to the ones that are more colorful, I’ll add what I can.
So find them, give me a link to them if you can. That will help me get them operational more quickly than if I have to search the internet for them.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
So find them, give me a link to them if you can.
My Google skills came up wanting. What free collections I found were pretty poor. Other than making a new collection with individual bits - I'm afraid I'm not of much use. :(
List of old and popular ones:
Dancing bananas
Smashing computer
Beer mug clink
ROFL
Grinning devil
others???

I also had a small collection of my own that was stored in out uploaded files that I could use as needed or desired. That files collection, which included other relevant data didn't survive the change. But since it is so easy to add new files we can probably up load our own. I don't know how the new software stores these files but if they could be kept in a single location, like the old software, it would cut down on storage space needed.
smiley_emoticons_segen.gif covereyes.gif begging.gif noidea.gif angry-kitten-smiley-emoticon.gif

Maybe we could put up a poll for the new emoticon collection? We upload a couple of our favorites and if they get enough votes they go into the new collection. Redo the poll every year to remove 10% and replace them with new?

Toobuilder

Log Member
Frankly I'm trying to figure out how to disable the emoji button on my phone.

No loss here as far as I'm concerned

litespeed

Bring back free speech to us emotively driven humans.

You can choose to not use them, ignore them or even create your own.

Emojis can add a lot to a 2d conversation.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
@Hot Wings I think it may be the win 8.1 causing that. Do you have a smart phone or tablet you can use a mobile browser on and log on to the forum from it to see it the phone or tablet can see them all? I would try Win 8.1 with Firefox but I went from 7 to XP to 10.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
Can't see any of the new ones on my Android phone running dolphin browser.