• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Missing DIEHL mag rotor and flywheel mount.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

VW-Plane

Hello everyone,

A couple of months ago, I purchased a Volksplane; the main reason was the quality of the airframe is excellent and well built. Unfortunately, the previous owner made metal with the engine (1776 VW) at around 250 hrs, so he decided to rebuild it. I think he bit more than he could chew, so he decided to sell it, which I bought. The problem is that he wasn't very organized and lost many parts. So, I decided just to put in a new engine but use the redrive (Valley Engineering) and the DIEHL mount. The problem is that I'm missing the rotor (magnet) and the rotor/flywheel mount. I figured this would be a non-issue, just a simple call to Great Plains, order the parts and be done with it. But, I'm finding I can't get a hold of anyone from there. They don't answer the phone or e-mails and voice messages (I've been trying for over a month). It seems like they might be out of business.

Now I'm in a bit of a bind, I'd like to use the DIEHL assembly, but without the mag rotor, the alternator is useless. So I'm hoping someone in the group could help me.

Does anyone have a mag rotor and rotor mount for sale (I have the phenolic puck)?

If not, does anyone know the make and model of the stator and mag rotor? It looks like something that came off a Kohler motor or an all-terrain vehicle, but I can't find any part numbers. As a side note, the stator I have is a single phase, but on the Great Plains website, it appears to have been upgraded to a 3-phase.

Thanks for reading. And if the answer was posted somewhere else, from before, I apologize – I tried to look.

I've attached a couple of pictures for context.

Attachments

• mount.jpg
    mount.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1
  • puck.jpg
    puck.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 1
Back