Minimax?

Discussion in 'General Experimental Aviation Questions' started by Dana, Jan 2, 2012.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Jan 2, 2012 #1

Dana

Dana

Dana

Super Moderator Staff Member

I have a friend who's making noises about selling his Minimax... N numbered, 1/2 VW, closed cockpit, stored for 10 years. My Kolb Ultrastar is a great plane, but I'm beginning to run into its limitations. Wondering what people who have owned or at least flown one can tell me about its characteristics (better yet if you've flown both a Minimax and a Kolb).

-Dana

Politicians and diapers have one thing in common. They should both be changed regularly, and for the same reason.

2. Jan 3, 2012 #2

topspeed100

topspeed100

topspeed100

Banned

3. Jan 3, 2012 #3

topspeed100

topspeed100

topspeed100

Banned

4. Jan 5, 2012 #4

1684zach

1684zach

1684zach

Hi Dana, Have you checked out the East Tennessee Lonesome Buzzards (ETLB)? http://www.lonesomebuzzards.com/cgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl They are the forums for the JDT/minimax and airbike designs; it is a very active forum, and a very knowledgeable and helpful group of guys. I was building an airbike, but sold the project, and have stayed on the forums because it's been so helpful. -Zach

5. Jan 5, 2012 #5

Dana

Dana

Dana

Super Moderator Staff Member

Yes, I got that suggestion from somebody else via PM; looks like a good resource. We'll see what happens, my friend hasn't mentioned it again. Looks like one of those kinds of long dances that occasionally results in an airplane or car purchase from a friend.

-Dana

"You sure it's broken? Let me make sure..."