Minimax wings on an Affordaplane

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

TFF

Most homebuilts are not even close to Oshkosh trophy winners. In recent years as builders building from scratch dwindle, only the better builders stay in play. The range of quality that is flying is end to end. The grade is safe, not perfect. You have to decide on will it work, just like you are doing trying to mate them to your fuselage. I see you are in Truman. Have you been to the grass strip in Jonesboro? Good chance there is some ULs there.

kirbylee

HBA Supporter
Most homebuilts are not even close to Oshkosh trophy winners. In recent years as builders building from scratch dwindle, only the better builders stay in play. The range of quality that is flying is end to end. The grade is safe, not perfect. You have to decide on will it work, just like you are doing trying to mate them to your fuselage. I see you are in Truman. Have you been to the grass strip in Jonesboro? Good chance there is some ULs there.
The grass strip in Jonesboro? If your talking about the one out on highway 18 with all the hangers that Marty Bunch built, yes. I used to go out there all the time. Planning on heading that way again, maybe tomorrow. Might even pitch one of those wings in the truck and take it with me.
Sometimes I think it might be easier to just buy an old 150, but I think I'd still be trying to build something else to fly.

Wayne

Log Member
Don't be concerned about calling Dave Cooper at Minimax - he's an awesome guy and will be happy to share what he can with you as far as the Minimax portion of this.

mullacharjak

Aside from the cost I think it would be better if you built the Affordaplane wings.They are much easier to build than a minimax wing.Will save all the redesigning and you will have confidence in the work you do yourself.Ive found that for amateur homebuilders the worst enemy slowing you down is confusion.

kirbylee

HBA Supporter
Aside from the cost I think it would be better if you built the Affordaplane wings.They are much easier to build than a minimax wing.Will save all the redesigning and you will have confidence in the work you do yourself.Ive found that for amateur homebuilders the worst enemy slowing you down is confusion.
You're probably right, I was going to build the Affordaplane wings, but just ran into this Minimax project along the way. Mainly bought it for the engine.
You're also right about the confusion being an enemy.

Group Builder