For Sale MiniMAX 1100R w/277 Rotax

Discussion in 'For Sale & Wanted' started by lake_harley, Aug 26, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Aug 26, 2019 #1

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

I really enjoyed building my MiniMAX. It's basically a 1100 fuselage but being weight conscious and wanting to make legal ultraligh weight, I got the "go ahead" from David at MiniMAX and built the wings to the 1030 plan. Engine is a 277 Rotax with belt reduction and is running a GSC adjustable prop. Instruments were all new.

It has been flown on two separate occasions by an experienced pilot friend of mine. His report was that it flew nicely, climbed well, and had no bad manners in flight or in landing. It has always been kept in an enclosed hangar.

I realize I have too many other interests (motorcycles and hot rods), and although I tried really hard I didn't have much luck learning to land with satisfactory results on a regular basis in the Kitfox II that my friend and I owned together. He was my instructor and I just didn't seem to be able to get my flare timing right.

It will be a sad day for me when it sells, but someone will end up with a nicely built MiniMAX. Completed empty weight was 246#, so it's completely Part 103 Ultralight legal. It probably looks white in the photos, but it's actually a very light grey. Price is $4500.00

Contact Lynn for info. (573) 788-2574 or winter62@att.net !cid_15c73eb6289cc1442242.jpg 20151205_134107-1.jpg P1030090.JPG 20150912_172822-1.jpg

Turd Ferguson likes this.
  2. Aug 26, 2019 #2

litespeed

litespeed

litespeed

Lynn,

Mate, Do not sell, you have built a lovely machine and they are very easy to fly from what I have heard.

The landing flare just takes practice and should be quite easy been so low to the ground and open cockpit. It would be a great pity to lose a flyer from the community and particularly one who has built their own machine.

Please reconsider and even get some instruction from someone else if needed. Sometimes it takes a different instructor to get it to stick for you.

You built your own wings, use them.

Cheers and good luck.

Victor Bravo likes this.
  3. Aug 26, 2019 #3

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

litespeed....thanks for the kind and complimentary words. It would indeed be a sad day to sell my scratch-built MiniMAX. Time will tell if there's even a buyer out there. We'll see what happens.

Thanks

Lynn

4. Aug 26, 2019 #4

poormansairforce

poormansairforce

poormansairforce

Guys, I built and flew a 1030 and loved it. Easy flyer and it does land easy. 8 hrs in a Cub did it for me. If it wasn't for my wife and son needing rides I would snap this up! Get this before he raises the price! Nice build Lynn! Where is it located?

5. Aug 26, 2019 #5

plncraze

plncraze

plncraze

Well-Known Member HBA Supporter

While you wait for offers on this plane see if you and your instructor could try a few other planes. Maybe something with a lower wing.

6. Aug 26, 2019 #6

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

I guess my location would be of interest to potential buyers.:oops: I'm in Southeast Missouri about 1.5 Hr. South of St. Louis, MO

If anyone wants to map where I live, I'm actually in Uniontown, MO 63783 and the plane is in my hangar about 1 Hour Southwest of home (that distance is part of my frustration with flying).

I have another friend who's an instructor who owns a Champ. I've talked with him about getting some training time in it, but it's just never happened.

Lynn

7. Aug 27, 2019 #7

pwood66889

pwood66889

pwood66889

Well, Shux Lynn. Sorry we never got up with each other. I certainly wish you all the best with what ever you do.
    Percy in NW FL, USA

8. Aug 27, 2019 #8

litespeed

litespeed

litespeed

Lynn,

Calculate what you have spent on it in total. Then deduct what you hope to get for it. I expect you will be well behind in money. Now take that loss potential and spend it on instruction if you must.

If your other mate is a true friend he will make the instruction happen to keep you safe and not suffer a loss of money, time and flying.

Bikes and hotrods are common, easily replaced. Your own aircraft built by your hands are not.

cdlwingnut likes this.
  9. Aug 27, 2019 #9

simflyer

simflyer

simflyer

Hello, please, could You say about Rotax 277 fuel consumption ?

10. Aug 27, 2019 #10

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

I never actually checked the GPH fuel use, but I feel pretty confident saying 2 GPH or less running in the area of 5500 RPM. I think that could be confirmed by some fuel consumption charts I've seen online.

Lynn

11. Aug 28, 2019 #11

Victor Bravo

Victor Bravo

Victor Bravo

The Champ may well be the perfet training airplane for you, do yourself a favor and take one instructional flight in the Champ before you sell the MiniMax.

You can also use your basic woodworking skills to create a quick and dirty training simulator. Make a 2x4 and plywood "Go-Kart", you can even use your existing 277 for power. Rig up the steering, brakes, etc. so it rolls and taxi's like an airplane, then drive it around all kind of parking lots, open dirt clearings, etc. You will become somewhat competent in ground steering with zero risk to the MiniMax.

12. Aug 28, 2019 #12

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

Maybe I'll call the Champ owner again, but I doubt at this point that I'll pursue it.

As far as ground handling, that really wasn't a problem. After a lot of practice I could taxi tail-up almost the entire length of the 3,000 Ft grass strip where I have my MiniMAX. I'd only slow and let the tail down to turn around at the end. One of my last times in the plane I was probably almost fast enough for it to become an AIRplane. I was the only one at the airport that day and decided to put it away before I got myself in trouble and/or hurt.

Honestly, I really don't have the desire to fly it anymore. With motorcycles the fun begins when I open the garage door at home rather than driving an hour each way to the airport. Also, I like to build things and building another hot rod is really my hot button right now.

Not bitter about it, my desires and interests have just changed....again.

Lynn

Mcmark likes this.
  13. Sep 17, 2019 #13

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

I had a potential buyer that was supposed to come to look at and was supposedly prepared to buy my MiniMAX last Friday. Something changed at the last minute and I have no idea what it was, family issue, second thoughts, wife found out and "discouraged" him or ????

Anyway, the MiniMAX is still for sale and I thought the ad was due for a bump. Call, PM or e-mail if you have questions.

Thanks.

Lynn Winter
    (573) 788-2574
    winter62@att.net

Turd Ferguson likes this.
  14. Sep 26, 2019 #14

Fred in Wisc

Fred in Wisc

Fred in Wisc

If I buy that now, my wife will kill me with fire and pointy things but I want to put in a good word for Lynn. I got a 277 and prop from him a couple years back- it was received as described and he went out of his way to get it to me safely. I'd certainly recommend doing business with him.

15. Sep 26, 2019 #15

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

Thank you for the kind words. I wouldn't want you to suffer a flaming, painful death so I'll just hope for someone to come along who doesn't live under the shadow of threats.:eek:

What did you use the 277 on? I can't recall your intent for it.

Lynn

16. Sep 26, 2019 #16

pwood66889

pwood66889

pwood66889

I am also interested in what the 277 went on. I bought a 2A-042 from Lynn that was also as advertised. I just have not gotten around to using it, and I may not. So if Fred would like a 4-cycle...
    <snarky_remark> Friends don't let friends fly 2-strokes </snark>

17. Sep 27, 2019 #17

Fred in Wisc

Fred in Wisc

Fred in Wisc

It'll be going on a little RANS S4, replacing an existing 277 that has low hours but hasn't been flown for probably 20 years. that one gets a teardown and rebuild before going in the sky. Unfortunately I've not yet had much time to dig into that little plane and get it airworthy again yet.

18. Sep 28, 2019 #18

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

Funny how things generally take longer to get done than expected.

ie: how did this "250 Hour built time" plane take over two years and 1,000 Hours?:confused:

Lynn

19. Oct 15, 2019 #19

lake_harley

lake_harley

lake_harley

Bump. Still nice enough weather to go for a few trips around the patch this Fall.

Lynn

20. Oct 16, 2019 #20

pwood66889

pwood66889

pwood66889

Gopher it! Still noodling my own flying, Lynn.