MiniMAX 1100/1030

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

don january

Log Member
Just a few more MPH and I'd see daylight under them wheels.:) Your airstrip look's to need a bit of a hair cut.:gig: Good job, Plane look'
s great

lake_harley

No, unfortunately. The taxi test session that followed the one that the photo above is from started off with a pull rope handle breaking and cracking a blade of the prop. I was actually relieved that's all that happened. Had it actually caught in the prop it probably would have destroyed the entire front of the fuselage since the engine started on the first pull. By the time the replacement blades came in and I had them installed and back on the plane Winter had set in. Now it's either really windy and/or raining or I'm caught up in other responsibilities and commitments. I know, I know.......just sounds like I'm making excuses now. One of these days though.......

Lynn

lake_harley

Well, that's rather a story in itself. I started making Ultracruiser parts, actually making pretty good progress, then sidetracked myself to all sorts of things. I'd rather not tell all fearing I'd be considered a basket case. :nervous:

Lynn

lake_harley

Unfortunately I can't back this up with a photo as proof, but the MiniMAX I built officially went from "conversation piece" status to "AIRPLANE" today. One of my friends who is an experienced pilot and CFI took it up on it's maiden voyage for about 15 to 20 minutes. He reported that it flew very nicely and showed no bad habits in it's first flight. I'm a happy man. Now it's back to me getting a bit more training and practice in the Kitfox II that he and I are partners on. He said the MiniMAX will be a piece-of-cake once I can do take-offs and landings with the Kitfox.

Of the three of us who witnessed the big event, none of us had a camera or cell phone handy to get a photo or video! Oh well, I'll forever have the event in my memory!

Lynn

rtfm

Hi,
That's quite an achievement. Well done. I am building the AeroMax here in Brisbane, Australia. It'sa still early in the build, but I'm sticking strictly to the plans. Well, not the plans, exactly, because there are no plans. A building manual suffices, because everything is pre-cut. It's just a matter of knowing how to put it all together.

I can't wait to get to your stage. It sure looks like a nice build.

Good luck with your maiden.

Regards,
Duncan

pwood66889

Unfortunately I can't back this up with a photo as proof, but the MiniMAX I built officially went from "conversation piece" status to "AIRPLANE" today.

Lynn
I am `ticularly happy for you, Lynn! when you flying down to see me?
I may get that LePelican project yet -- if I can put the -042 on the nose and not have it fall on it's face!
Percy in SE Bama