Minimax 1030 build

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

mullacharjak

My understanding so far.The wood goes through a thickness planer only or hand plane.The plywood is sanded slightly.Glue within 24 hours.I suggest not to sand the spar caps.

Alan_VA

My son and I got started on our minimax build finally. I started on the workbench the other day, got the remaining supplies today and finished it to start the build. It doesn't look like much but we have about 2.5 hours into the start of the fuselage. Of course some of that was laying out the lines from the prints onto the bench top. This was my first time cutting a scarf joint but I think it turned out nice. The prints say at least 6" so I made it 7" just to be safe. I posted this here instead of in the build log area because I want opinions and input along the way.View attachment 91653 View attachment 91654 View attachment 91655
Please tell me more about your workbench; it appears to be a variant on the EAA 1000 design. How long? How wide? It looks to have a long piece of aluminum flat bar attached to the top. ??

Alan

Jeff Higgins

Please tell me more about your workbench; it appears to be a variant on the EAA 1000 design. How long? How wide? It looks to have a long piece of aluminum flat bar attached to the top. ??

Alan
Its just a frame made of 2x4's that's a total of 16' long x 4' wide for the plywood top to sit on. I also laid the aluminum angle rail to the one edge to use as a guide. I made absolutely sure it was straight with a solid level (straight edge) as I screwed it down. I was also careful to make sure the whole workbench was level and flat.

BJC

HBA Supporter
An easy way to anchor a leveled workbench in place is to use Bondo to bond it to the workshop floor.

BJC

Group Builder