• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mikuni carb size and Jet size

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuneturkey

10113, Hyde Park Ct., Baton Rouge, LA 70816
Need some help with sizing the jets for my 32mm, carbs. Engine is a 1/2 VW, std. crank, 92mm cylinders, set up for 2 carbs. Intent is to derive about 32hp @ 3500RPM.
My two carbs come from different sources, and the jets under the plug below the bowl have different numbers on them, 250 and 280. The mikuni website lists jets up to 500, with lots of discussion, more tuned to motorcycles then 1/2 VW's.
Need some help from anybody who has gone through the process of elimination in selecting a jet which will give the proper mixture for both takeoff power, and reasonable cruise speed, with EGT 1200-1300.
it has come to my attention that many are useing 28mm carbs in lieu of the 32mm, so hopefully I make the 32's serve the purpose by adjusting the jet sizes.
Also, any comments on the subject matter will also be welcome.
Thanks,
Johnc

Back