• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

MiFyter News

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jman

Site Developer
I received this email from the folks over at Biplanes of Yesteryear regarding the status of the MiFyter. With their permission I'm posting it here.
We understand that you have some interest in our Mifyter Biplane Kits. Stace Schrader of Rocky Mountain Wings, is a good friend of ours and has just forwarded your name and Email address to us today.

FYI: Due to a miss communication with Custom Planes last summer, they published a great article about our Mifyter in the Dec 2002 edition… They visited with us at the air shows, used our pictures of the Mifyter and myself, that we sent them on CD. But for some unknown reason, they gave the wrong information about who was selling and manufacturing the kits, and who to contact for more information.

I am Rod Cowgill, designer, builder, test pilot, owner of the award winning prototype Mifyter…and now manufacturer of the MIFYTER kits. If you were at Arlington, WA or Oshkosh last years, you may have met me already. My company is Biplanes of Yesteryear, located in Ontario, Oregon 97914. 541-889-0406 We do have a website, but it’s awful!!! We have a new one under constructions, it should be up in a couple of weeks. We will be at Arlington, Oshkosh and Copper State this year.

It has taken us longer than we anticipated to get our kits ready to send out. Being a New Manufacturer, we wanted to check and double check very piece and part to make sure that when we sent out our first kits everything would fit perfect. We have also written and re-written our Manual to make sure all instructions are crystal clear, even to someone new to building.

We are a solvent company, your kit deposit will go into an escrow account or we will accept a letter of credit from your bank. There is an additional fee of $350 if you choose to utilize a letter of credit for payment.

We have a full time office open 5 days a week at 541-889-0406. Or you can call me after hours 541-889-7536. I will return your call as soon as I get your message. Anyone who purchases a kit, will receive my personal Cell number, so they can reach me anytime, anywhere.

We are pleased and excited to announce that we will have our first two kits ready to send out the doors before the end of April!!! Kits are $14,995 check or cash. $15,495 credit card. The kits require NO welding…and include everything to build the aircraft except: (Engine . Prop . Instruments . Wooden Instrument Appliqué . Finish Paint . Static Bomb and Static Machine Guns) A deposit of $7.500 / 50% is required with your purchase order and the balance prior to shipment. All kits are shipped freight collect from the factory in Ontario, OR. If you take delivery of your kit in Oregon…you will not pay any sales tax.

We are putting the finishing touches on an info-video and should have it ready to send out in a couple of weeks. Or we would be happy to send you one of our brochures.

Recapture the essence of early aviation…be one of the first to build your very own MIFYTER!

If you’re going to be in the area, we would love to show you around our factory.

Kind Personal Regards

Rod Cowgill

P.S. We have just been informed that the Mifyter will be a special feature in June 2003 KITPLANES.

Here is a picture for those of you who are not sure what a MiFyter is:

MiFyter5.jpg

Back