• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Micro Mong #194

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

romeodz

Hello,
I have been a member for years but this is my first post to "Homebuilt Airplanes" forum.
I have the plans and currently "thinking" about starting build of the Micro Mong. The plane originally was powered with a 2 stroke engine and now is sold using the HKS700e engine. I also want to use a 4 stroke engine and interested in either going the Valley Engineering Big Bad twin or a Hummel 45HP 1/2 VW to save on cost over the HKS. My concerns are, first - Is there enough data to verify either engine is a dependable product? I do feel the VW may win this as it has been used for many years now. Second - Will the 1/2 VW have the raw thrust of the PSRU equipped Big Bad twin swinging the larger diameter prop? I think I am leaning toward the VE Big Bad twin but understand there is much to learn yet. Opinions appreciated...

Micro Mong Introduction 2003
hummel
Valley Engineering - Big Twin

Thanks
Russ

Back