MGL England

Discussion in 'Instruments / Avionics / Electrical System' started by BD6, Oct 5, 2017.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Oct 5, 2017 #1

BD6

BD6

BD6

I want to use an MGL lite in my BD-6 but it seems that the dealer in the US is out of stock and dose not have a date when he will receive it. There si a dealer in the UK with stock and at a better price. Has anyone imported electronics from the UK and how would I go about it.

Thanks,

Tony

2. Oct 6, 2017 #2

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

cluttonfred

I don't think there would be much of an issue, I order books from the U.K. all the time, but there's always the possibility that there might b an import duty. I'd contact them and ask whether or not other U.S. customers have been charged duty. You might also try MGL itself, which is based in South Africa. There is also the possibility that each dealer has a geographic area restriction and is not supposed to sell outside that area.

3. Oct 6, 2017 #3

BJC

BJC

BJC

4. Oct 9, 2017 #4

Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

Arthur Brown

Be aware of UK VAT, and USA import and sales taxes.

5. Jan 7, 2018 #5
    I have ordered all my MGL stuff from England, http://www.parts4aircraft.com/ Paul at parts4aircraft knows how to deal international (VAT and various taxes, import, exports, shipping charges etc). Highly recommended.

Order a couple of nuts from Aircraftspruce in the US, and the shipping is US$40 (no kidding). Most US shops just don't know how to ship small orders internationally, although some exceptions exists, like Vans.