• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

MFI-9HB Junior Plans Wanted

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

dneyhart

I am looking for a set of plans for the MFI-9. Does anyone have a set they are willing to sell, or info on finding a set?

foolonthehill

HBA Supporter
Yeah, me too, I bought the so-called MFI-9 plans off ebay, Russina company. Not very useful, I'd say, but they do contain some info...

Mflyer

HBA Supporter
I am looking for a set of plans for the MFI-9. Does anyone have a set they are willing to sell, or info on finding a set?
If you are still looking for MFI-9HB plans they are available on a thumb drive for $100. Do a search online for MFI-9HB plans.

BJC

HBA Supporter
If you are still looking for MFI-9HB plans they are available on a thumb drive for $100. Do a search online for MFI-9HB plans.
Did just that. The first hit is for a site that advertises plans that they are not authorized to sell.

Also, they advertise plans for, among other things, a “Pitts S1-S.” There is no such airplane.

Buyer beware, buyer deal with ethical vendors.

BJC

Mflyer

HBA Supporter
Did just that. The first hit is for a site that advertises plans that they are not authorized to sell.

Also, they advertise plans for, among other things, a “Pitts S1-S.” There is no such airplane.

Buyer beware, buyer deal with ethical vendors.

BJC
I wondered if that was a legal source too but ordered anyway.
I have the hard copy of the plans but they had many sheets missing.
These plans may not be legally sold but they are accurate and only on thumb drive. This airplane would
be difficult to build from plans only. I bought a partly built kit which now mostly built.

Mflyer

HBA Supporter
These plans may not be legally sold but they are accurate and only on thumb drive. This airplane would
be difficult to build from plans only. I bought a partly built kit which now mostly built.
I'm not aware of any other source for MFI-9HB plans. To my knowledge there are no completed MFI-9HB's

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Björn Andreasson built his homebuilt BA-7 in the USA and later developed the design into the factory Malmö MFI-9 Junior.

That said, I am not aware of any version of the MFI-9 actually intended for homebuilders.

In addition to the ethical implications of supporting pirates, I doubt you’d end up with buildable plans.

Personally, I’d recommend looking at similar proven designs for homebuilders, say the Viking Cyget or Pottier P.130 Coccinelle.

60D62B21-B883-4F1D-BC7A-ADFCDDB12686.png

66DA9414-D0C5-4F60-B912-2CDF1B3A05E1.jpeg

Last edited:

Cub1959

I do have MFI-9 Junior Aircraft project with 75 hp Continental engine. I have also a set of plans.
My MFI-9 project is 90% complete right now.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
I’d like to learn more about this. Is your project a restoration, kit built, or scratch built from plans? If so, are they plans prepared by Björn Andreasson specifically intended for homebuilders?

I do have MFI-9 Junior Aircraft project with 75 hp Continental engine. I have also a set of plans.

Cub1959

I do have a set of MFI-9 plans. I also have 85% complete airframe with windshield and instrument.

cluttonfred

HBA Supporter
Could you please clarify the source of these plans (factory drawings or specifically for homebuilders) and the type of project (scratch build or restoration)?

My Junior MFI-9 project locates in Chumuckla, Florida near to Pensacola Fla.

Mflyer

HBA Supporter
The problem I'm having now is sourcing a canopy for the MFI-9HB or the certified version Bolkow Jr. The plans have no info like contour drawings and most people have never heard of an MFI-9HB.

Mflyer

HBA Supporter
My MFI-9HB is about 90% done with 40% remaining as the saying goes. The fusilage and empanage is complete but the wings although built need some work to correct mistakes done by previous owner. I have been looking for a source of canopies. Do you have a source for one?