• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mercedes Engine!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pylon500

Supporting Member
Was doing some design work for a scaled war bird, and got to thinking I needed an all alloy V-6 in the 2.5~3.0 litre range.
After a Gooogle search I found a motor that was,
All Alloy,
2.6 litre,
Single overhead cam (a bit lighter than quad cam)
And due to having 3 valves per cylinder...,
Has DUAL ignition! :gig:
It's a Merc motor, rated at around 170hp, last built around 2003.
I haven't had time to chase up more info, but so far sounds fairly promising, anyone else got any info?
Arthur.

Back