Member Upgrades

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Jman

Site Developer
Hey All,

Just a quick note to let you know about a recent upgrade. Now that we are on new software, we can use it to handle the donations more easily. I have setup three options, monthly, annual, lifetime to help support HBA. Many of you had expressed an interest in this idea.

I also want to express my gratitude to the membership and the moderators of this site. I've been a bit of a ghost around here since going into Special Operations Aviation 6 years ago and then retiring from the military in September of last year. Everyone has been more than gracious with the slow pace of improvements. I'm grateful to those that continue to support HBA despite that. Thank you.

Supporting Membership helps the community continue it's goals while providing you with;
  • (2) Homebuiltairplanes.com Decals
  • Recognition of your Supporting Member contribution.
  • Longer self editing time.
  • Unlimited private message space.
  • Unlimited file attachment space.
  • The ability to add a larger avatar.
  • The satisfaction that you are supporting Homebuilt Airplanes Forum's future and it's role within the hobby as a library of knowledge and community
To see all of the benefits of becoming a Supporting Member, go here https://www.homebuiltairplanes.com/forums/account/upgrades

Last edited by a moderator:

Jman

Site Developer
Yes, still just south of Seattle. I just retired from the Army I’m September. I grew up in the Pacific Northwest. Now that I have a choice, I can’t imagine living anywhere else.

Hot Wings

Grumpy Cynic
HBA Supporter
Log Member
+1. If there's a way to enroll without getting a PayPal account, that would be super.
When I clicked on the "Becoming a supporting member" link at the top of the page I had 2 options: Credit card and PayPal. I used the PayPal option and it works just fine. I prefer PayPal over a credit card because it lets me use Two-factor authentication.

Vigilant1

Lifetime Supporter
When I clicked on the "Becoming a supporting member" link at the top of the page I had 2 options: Credit card and PayPal. I used the PayPal option and it works just fine.
Yes, you would think we are being offered a non PayPal option, but we are not. When I clicked the "credit card" button, I got a sign-in screen that eventually required me to accept a PayPal account. I could not find a way to have my charge card billed without establishing a PayPal account--a cynic might suspect that this is the business model of whatever "7 Global Community Solutions" is, which seems a bit questionable to me.
I understand that some people like PayPal, but I do not.
This is not a reflection on HBA at all.

Last edited:

pwood66889

+3
You are indeed a Vigilant One! Modern WWWeb thinking is to "Monitize" a click any way one can. I agree that this should not reflect on HBA. It is an affect of not rolling every bit of HTML on one's own.
Upshot: Maybe I should send a check via Snail Mail.

Admin

Administrator
Staff member
If you do not care to use paypal, you can mail a check or money order to:

No longer able to mail check or money order 4/1/21

Please be sure to put your member name on it so the proper member can be upgraded. Also, if you send me a private conversation when you mail, I'll update you then.

Last edited:

BJC

HBA Supporter
There should be a way to post a reply in a another HBAer’s project log page.

For example, when a poster writes that I asked for money for a drink, when, in fact, said poster clearly needed a drink, and I generously offered to buy him one, but he already had had one too many, and conflated a round vertical stabilizer leading edge with a smooth tasting blended whiskey, there should be a way to set the record straight. Said poster shall go unnamed, but he is cheap, was once a racer, and is lucky not to fall off the Earth, since he lives upside down.

Happy Thanksgiving to all in the USA, and happy November 28 to the rest of you.

BJC

cheapracer

Log Member
There should be a way to post a reply in a another HBAer’s project log page.
One thing I like here is not having to answer to some really stupid, damaging comments/questions I get at the other forum I am a member of that does allow replies.

I would like to see a greater range of emojies though for the build logs, like informative, winner, funny, ect.

Said poster clearly needed a drink ...

Said poster shall go unnamed, but he is cheap, was once a racer, and is lucky not to fall off the Earth, since he lives upside down.
FritzW?

TFF

There should be automatic parallel threads. One protected for documentation, one for discussion. Automatic when executing the member log.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
There should be automatic parallel threads. One protected for documentation, one for discussion. Automatic when executing the member log.
Anyone already can... just start a second thread outside of the builders log section. Topaz ran one like that for his design. The downside is it’s double the work for the OP.

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
It's not automatic, but I absolutely concur that it's nice to have a parallel "discussion" thread to each "Build Log" thread.

I also agree with Cheapracer - If you're doing a build-log thread, it would become cluttered and unwieldy if it were also filled with Q&A posts.

Without tooting my own horn too much (especially since I'm far from the only person to have done it), a nice touch is to put a link to your "build log" thread and the associated discussion thread in your signature line. See below for my own example.

bmcj

HBA Supporter
As long as we’re discussing member upgrades, I’d like to request the ability to fly, x-ray vision, invisibility and time travel please. Anti-aging might be a nice upgrade too.