Mazda Rotary Engine

Discussion in 'Firewall Forward / Props / Fuel system' started by GESchwarz, Oct 24, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Nov 8, 2019 #21

Neil Unger

Neil Unger

Neil Unger

Steve, No its not, although Paul has my first engine in his web site which he photographed when here a few years back. This engine has also had the rads changed back to exhaust to the outside as did not work as shown, Neil.

2. Nov 8, 2019 #22

rv7charlie

rv7charlie

rv7charlie

I suspect he's referring to the youtube video I linked earlier. It was posted to youtube by Lamar, but I *think* that the actual machine work was done by a guy on Lamar's airport who has a mill. I've got an email from him somewhere, but can't find it right now.

Again, working from my flaky memory, I believe that the welded tube technique was pioneered by one of the fliers on the Flyrotary list. Unfortunately, he's no longer with us (cancer).

Charlie

AIRCAB likes this.
  3. Nov 9, 2019 #23

AIRCAB

AIRCAB

AIRCAB

Rv7charlie, yes, I was referring to the video, sorry Neil for the confusion.
    Steve

4. Nov 9, 2019 #24

Urquiola

Urquiola

Urquiola

Mazda Exhaust Port Air Injection Points -in J P Norbye Wankel Eng p 342.jpg
    Thanks a lot, I searched not enough about this. Could you provide figures for power, torque, SFC, emissions for this Peripheral only Intake Port, Side Exhaust Ports? I guess the old approach of air injection in exhaust port area may improve the issue of a too hot exhaust, but from days of early engines, it is known that a lower compression ratio, a lower mean effective pressure is linked, paradoxically, to a higher exhaust gas temperature, another approach for this is improving MEP. I failed in locating the Paul Lamar video. Salut + Rectangular vs Round Intake Port NSU.jpg