Quantcast

Maybe I'm Amazed

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Daleandee

Amazing that this aircraft flew six times:

You've likely seen this before (I have several times) but I'm stunned at what some folks get away with ... for a little while!

TFF

In high school a friend found me a wrecked Teenie Too airframe. It had to have ground looped or gear collapsed. Left wing was busted. It was mostly built to plans. First the nose gear was welded straight. I think the guy flew off his own property; just towed it to takeoff position. It did have brakes. Don’t think the handles were ever mounted unless he tried to make heel brakes from bike brake handles. From what I could figure it had a direct drive 440 on it. Supposedly the climb performance was horrible. But because of the quality of the build on the side in old fashioned embossed label maker, “Aerobatics are expressly forbidden “. I did not have a copy of the operation instructions but I bet that was in those. It was rough. I have always like the design.

The Bellanca Crusemaster or Viking that lost its wing because the spar had been repaired with a 2x4 is a whole different thing. People did time on that one.