Master bus or Endurance bus

Discussion in 'Instruments / Avionics / Electrical System' started by Tbone, Dec 6, 2016.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Dec 6, 2016 #1

Tbone

Tbone

Tbone

I'm finalizing my wiring for the Z-11 wiring "fiasco". I'm having a time trying to figure out what would need to be on the E-bus and what should be on the Main bus. I have studied and researched and on and on and on. I have found out that there is more than one way to skin a cat or panel for that matter. Shown is the ExpressSCH drawing that I have completed and am asking for a critique.
    [​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Dec 15, 2016 #2

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

cvairwerks

Emergency buss should carry only the items required to keep the a/c in the air. If you running a dual EFIS, and no steam gauges, then one should be on the Ebuss.

3. Dec 15, 2016 #3

BJC

BJC

BJC

4. Dec 15, 2016 #4

kent Ashton

kent Ashton

kent Ashton

I have my Dynon EFIS on the E-bus but not the transponder. I figure the EFIS is a basic flight instrument package that I might need but I can land without a transponder. I have other things on the E-bus that I can selectively turn off so my plan is, if the weather is good, to direct power to the E-bus and turn off COM, NAV, and other non-essential items unless needed.