• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Mark Stull - outside the box designer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gregory Perkins

https://markstullcollection.shutterfly.com/

I dont know anything about his designs other than I was impressed by his creativity and thinking outside the box approaches to design etc and felt that
it would be a real waste if all his efforts and designs were forgotten l I am not even sure which of his designs he died in or what if anything he overlooked that caused his death or whether the design should have been adequate and there was a mechanical or material failure. We have seen a lot of prolific aviaition guys perish because of their haste and insistence on testing themselves where there could have been other ways to progressively test... maybe models or wind tunnels or swivel attachments to trucks or trailers etc.
One thing that I always thought technology could provide today and even back then would be the use of remote control of a full size model that was fully loaded and that could be tested to destruction without the need for risk to human life. More than 20 years ago I attended an RC model plane fly-in and there were several full size planes that were using adequately large servos and motors to control the full size planes. Sadly, all that equipment is probably too expensive for the average back yard designer.
There were dozens of creative geniuses from around the world that were involved with ULs and it is too bad many are already lost and forgotten.
I have been searching for ideal hosting sites that would allow organized archival of all the significant UL planes and I have not been able to really find a good solution. For the time being the SHUTTERFLY site is useful for individual album topics

Back