• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Airplane For Sale Maranda BM-4

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tiger Tim

For those looking for a barn find, this is as close as you’re going to get on short notice.
08541C75-5559-473F-84E1-2C9CAA135273.jpeg
Up for sale is a Maranda BM-4 that has flown but has been disassembled for a while. Stored indoors its whole life to the best of my knowledge. The last time it flew or ran is unknown as there are no logs but I’m sure I’ve seen it at fly-ins in the 1990s. For those unfamiliar with the BM-4 it’s a cantilever low wing monoplane with a welded steel tube fuselage truss and wood/fabric for everything else. At a glance it could be mistaken for a Minicab but it’s quite satisfyingly big. The cockpit seats two side-by-side, I’ve sat in it and I bet your shoulders wouldn’t touch with your passenger.

I know the pictures here aren’t much to look at but parts are spread across several hangars. Beyond the fuselage/centre section you see on gear, there are also all tail feathers, wings, ailerons, gull wing doors (with new windows installed), and a new cowling nose bowl that looks to probably be from a Champ. What’s missing are the rest of the cowls and sheet metal around the forward fuselage, windscreen, instruments, and seat cushions, probably some other detail bits here and there as one would expect of a barn find. Absolutely restorable but there’s no way you’re flying it home.
0CBB4956-843B-4972-B2A3-AE2586FE81FF.jpeg
Construction drawings will also come with it.

Engine is a 16 valve Subaru with a cog belt PSRU of unknown origin. Auto conversions aren’t my area of expertise but I will answer any questions about this one as well as I can. Maybe someone will recognize the PSRU and she’d some light on what it is.
DFAD57FA-56D5-4D15-B70D-8224CD1F1F5F.jpeg
The aircraft is located in Guelph, Ontario (about a 45 minute drive southwest of Toronto) and initial contact is by private message to me. Price is $3000 CAD, which is a hair over $2200 USD at today’s exchange rate. Open to offers, there’s no way to insult me on this one.

Back