• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Maiden Voyage!!! IFR, 100' & Rain!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Captain_John

As you may recall, I have taken a hiatus from working on the plane to refurbish the cockpit of my boat. It has taken me three weeks in all, and that is about two weeks longer than I had allotted for the project!

I know this is off topic, but the reason for doing the project was to learn about fiberglass and how it is done. This was my first attempt and I think it came out well! All in all I learned ALOT about fiberglass and had some fun in the process. Learning about fiberglass was good, besides the fact that I would reap the side benefit of having a nearly new boat again just in time for striper season here in the northeast!

P5130394.JPG

The weather was hard rain and calm winds when I woke up this morning at 5 AM. After working until 11PM last night on the bilge pump and other electrics I slapped the registration stickers on the hull and trailer and headed down the hill to the water!

P5130397.JPG

The deck came out nice and is NOT slippery when wet although the oil based paint sheds the water very nicely into the deck drain!

P5130398.JPG

The engine is 5 years old and is always a bit hard starting for the first start of the year, but she sparked to life after a bit of coaxing and I logged 1.1 hobbs time in the pouring rain this morning! The bilge system checked out fine and all the lights worked straight away!

P5130399.JPG

I do love this little boat!

Here fishy, fishy!!!

:ban: CJ

Back