• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Magneto drive on monnett conversion kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyguyeddy

I have two of the older (70-s to 80’s) monnett aerovee kits and im looking for magneto drives. I am using the 4220 magneto on these kits and the mag drive needs to be longer than what it is for the 4316. I have modified my mounts as shown Here for those mags.
I can make an extended mag drive out of aluminum just fine but i hear they are prone to cracking due to the sharp corner at the bottom of the slots. What if i were to use a ball nose end mill to make those slots? How does one find 1-3/4ish thick phenolic to make one of those? Is g10 a comparable substitute?

Back