Quantcast

M0.7~0.85

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pie_row

That you could do and it would be easy as well. Good fast or cheap pick any two. But what you would have to do is too buy a turbo fan to do that. I'm thinking that to do one airplane it may be cheaper to use a turbo fan. But at 10 airplanes it would probably be cheaper to use a piston propeller combination to get the power.

Assuming a gross of 3,500lbs and a power density of 7 lbs/hp. (Tu-95) You would need 500hp.
Too get that power you would need 30 DA-150 model airplane engines at 16.5 hp and less than 8 lbs each for a weight of 240 lbs. This is about the same weight as the Tag Porsche engine would weigh.
You could also use a small block V-8 but that would weigh more.

Edit= I made up a tip speed calc if you have truble opening try firefox http://tinyurl.com/y9b6fao

Last edited:

bmcj

HBA Supporter
Hmmm, all of the posts have been changes to "good by". Plays hell with the continuity. Very unsportsmanlike. :(

bmcj

HBA Supporter
No, but you're definitely keen on spelling, to my pleasure if I may say so ;)
Thanks. Well, with last Friday being a big shopping day in the U.S., I though "buy" might be a possibility. :gig:

I tend to be a decent speller, but my fingers do not always communicate with my brain prior to using the keyboard.

Bruce :)

RonL

HBA Supporter
Hmmm, all of the posts have been changes to "good by". Plays hell with the continuity. Very unsportsmanlike. :(
He did say one thing that might help me a little, I had never heard about "asperger syndrom", did a search and Mayo clinic definitions show that there are some things that when added to ADD, pretty well fill in the blanks of what goes on with me.:ponder:

To use Norm's words " I think I'm smarter than I appear to be" or something like that.

I think you seem to be the person that came closest to understanding some of my comments in the past, and after my last brain freeze it seems best for me to just browse in the background.

Best to all

Ron

Topaz

Super Moderator
Staff member
Log Member
...To use Norm's words " I think I'm smarter than I appear to be" or something like that.
I suspect in pie_row's case that there's also a healthy dose of "I'm too young to realize that it's not really that simple" going on, too.

Lord knows I was guilty of that particular illness myself, once upon a time. Some older folks might suggest I still am. ;)

Last edited:

bmcj

HBA Supporter
I think you seem to be the person that came closest to understanding some of my comments in the past, and after my last brain freeze it seems best for me to just browse in the background.

Best to all

Ron
Don't worry about it Ron. We all have brain freezes from time to time (I even saw Orion have one once :eek:). I have them enough that the real challenge is to get my brain thawed out before the next one sets in.

Lurk in the background if you must, but your posts are always welcomed here.

Bruce :)