Lowrider 2 CNC Anyone build one?

Discussion in 'Aircraft Design / Aerodynamics / New Technology' started by addicted2climbing, Aug 18, 2019.

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes Forum by donating:

1. Sep 10, 2019 #21

FritzW

FritzW

FritzW

I've just started getting a handle on Octoprint. My printer self destructed today, when I rebuild it I'm going to need a way to monitor it (video) and shut it down with my phone from anywhere. ...I'm going to have to google CNCjs, that's a new one for me.

I turned the WiFi off on my CNC machine almost from day one. I figured that it was a bad idea to have a machine like that remotely controllable, even on a secure network.

2. Sep 16, 2019 #22

FritzW

FritzW

FritzW

...on a related note

With the recent demise of my trusty old prusa clone I decided to build a HypeCube Evolution. It looks like a simple, sturdy design. Just like the LowRider 2, it's a bunch of printed parts holding a bunch of OTS parts together.
    proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpeg

Since my printer is on the fritz, I borrowed our chapter printer so I could knock out the parts for the HyperCube. The multi-material unit is pretty cool and worth a couple of pictures. It can print 5 different filaments (including soluble support filament). I'm glad I have access to one I can borrow, I'd hate to have to pay for one.
    20190915_124538_resized.jpg
    20190915_175603_resized.jpg