• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Low-cost instruments and avionics?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cluttonfred

Supporting Member
This is not a commercial post or anything like that, I just thought it would be good to have a thread where we can highlight items of interest to other builders. I am not going to define "low-cost" except to say that common sense should prevail...we are talking about options that cost substantially less than more common avionics or instruments. I'll start!

PPG_Meter_-_display_module_3_sv.jpg 1_Fly_Meter_-_display_module_4.jpg

FlyHenry is a small Czech company that I first heard of a decade ago for their PPG Meter, a small LCD tachometer/CHT gauge for powered paragliders. That little device has grown in capability over the years and spawned a big brother, the Fly Meter, to the point where the two are now very similar. Both use monochrome LCD displays with simple button controls and separate data modules that can be located close to the engine with only a small data cable back to the display.

The PPG Meter includes tachometer, hourmeter, 2 x CHT/EGT, fuel level, fuel consumption, voltmeter, and alarm functions. The larger Fly Meter doubles the CHT/EGT channels to four and adds oil/water temperature, oil pressure, and service interval reminder functions. Essentially the PPG Meter is right for air-cooled, two-stroke engines and the Fly Meter for water-cooled and/or four-stroke engines.

Right now the price from the factory for the PPG Meter is under US$200 and for the larger Fly Meter under $300. Many but not all of the senders are included so a full set of senders plus international shipping would probably double those base prices but those are still good deals.

https://www.flyhenry.cz/index.php/en/

Back