• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Low and Slow......and quiet ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SteveAero

Hi All,
I'm looking to scratch build a Microlight/ ultralight that has the best forward visibility, flies slow and if internal combustion engine powered then as quiet as possible. (ultimately I will go to electric power, but one thing at a time to avoid over complicating matters)
I would expect to hybridise the best of whats already 'out there'
The VJ 23 probably has the best potential for the wing, 3 axis aerodynamic controls, modified with possibly slotted fowler flaps and even leading edge slots. The idea being to reduce the stall speed as low as possible.
Any ideas out there ?
Guys, what happened to the royalty free plans data base please ??

My best to you all

Back