• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking to get into it with some plans, maybe a kit

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keeganhennis

I'm young, only 35 years old. Planes have been in the family for decades, handfuls of Ercoups and a beechcraft. I know that I know very little about it all, but I feel the pull toward the sky. I long to soar again like when I was a teenager. Home-building is integral to the history of airplanes, from the very beginnings of it. And now that I'm single again I need something less naggy to put my energy into, I'm thinking of the other great experience that man can have, and that's flight. As I said, I don't know much, but I can learn and I'm handy with tools. If I could find a set of plans for cheap, for some kind of ultralight to start, I'd have some place to use my extra time. I'm not naive, I understand this will get very expensive fast. Does anybody either have for sale or know where to get some plans a beginner can follow that will build a nice safe starter plane? I guess I haven't looked in the right places to find them myself, but you might already know. I don't have a welder, and my hobby space is not large so it'll have to be modular or folding.
Please be nice to a greeny.

Back