Quantcast

Looking for EPB-1 plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

Arfang

The title says it all - I've already asked the Vintage Sailplane Association but they don't have the plans anymore.

Does anybody knows where I could find a copy of them?

Thank you.

Victor Bravo

Try the Nurflugel website and/or discussion forum, and definitely try TWITT.org the flying wing association. Someone will have a set. Also you can contact ESA Experimental Soaring Association, their president is Murry Rozansky.

Arfang

Thank you Victor Bravo, I've contacted TWITT, Nurfluegel and the ESA. I'll keep you informed.

renxxx1981

Hi Arfang,

have you succeed on your search? I'm looking for the same plans as the subject of discussion meant, would be great to get some help/info

Thanks

Renato

Victor Bravo

Truth be known, you can take the plans from a good R/C model of the EPB-1 and scale it up... then apply the principles, design conventions, and wood sizing from any similar proven, established homebuilt glider and you would be pretty close.

Contact the guys at the "scalesoaring UK" website, one of those people may have an actual set of "Real" plans, and if not I believe several people have drawn plans for large models.

When I was looking at a Backstrom plank as the basis for a homebuilt aircraft I found several discussion threads on the R/C model forums that showed plans, laser cut "short kits", computer renderings, etc.

The short span, thick wing section, and short load paths will make it a fairly safe endeavor to start with model plans. The wing ribs are absolutely conventional, standard issue, old-school stick-built ribs using 1/4" square spruce.

Mike W

Truth be known, you can take the plans from a good R/C model of the EPB-1 and scale it up... then apply the principles, design conventions, and wood sizing from any similar proven, established homebuilt glider and you would be pretty close.

Contact the guys at the "scalesoaring UK" website, one of those people may have an actual set of "Real" plans, and if not I believe several people have drawn plans for large models.

When I was looking at a Backstrom plank as the basis for a homebuilt aircraft I found several discussion threads on the R/C model forums that showed plans, laser cut "short kits", computer renderings, etc.

The short span, thick wing section, and short load paths will make it a fairly safe endeavor to start with model plans. The wing ribs are absolutely conventional, standard issue, old-school stick-built ribs using 1/4" square spruce.
EBP-1 Plans

Denis Olcott, a member of nurflugel has tracked down the original EBP-1 plans. Here is his link. Backstrom EPB-1 Flying Plank Plans

My similar MW10 Plank project is nearing completion and has now had an engine run. Unfortunately, I have just had a hip joint replacement operation and will be incapacitated for some weeks. I will keep the thread updated.

Mike W