• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking for an inexpensive light sport Amphibious aircraft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flpilot

This forum looks great and I'm new to flying. All I know is that since I live in Florida I definitely want an amphib and it has to be either ELSA or SLSA. I've looked at the Icon A5 which is great but they haven't made any yet and they cost a bundle... Only slightly less $$ is the Searey lsx but at least they have a track record. Barring a miracle I will not be able to afford either though so I've looked at planes like the Excalibur with floats and the Hawk II arrow with floats. Anyone have any suggestions or recommendations? I don't know much about either of these planes but I'm pretty sure if I got either one I would outfit it with an hks700T. If you know anything about these planes please let me know.. Also, if there are some planes I'm not thinking of let me know.. thanks..

Back