Looking for an aerodynamic model (polar) of the F-84F Thunderstreak

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

Rob de Bie

I'm looking for an aerodynamic model (polar) of the F-84F Thunderstreak. Does anyone know of one in the public domain? Previously I found one of the F-104A, in a NACA report, and one of the BQM-34A target drone in an AF report. And for my Me 163B website I found a few too:

Me 163B polars

I would like to try to analyze the LABS manoeuver flown by the F-84F.

Rob

Vigilant1

Supporting Member
I'm looking for an aerodynamic model (polar) of the F-84F Thunderstreak. Does anyone know of one in the public domain? Previously I found one of the F-104A, in a NACA report, and one of the BQM-34A target drone in an AF report. And for my Me 163B website I found a few too:

Me 163B polars

I would like to try to analyze the LABS manoeuver flown by the F-84F.

Rob
If you've tried the normal NACA/NASA tech report archive, the only other place I'd suggest is the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC). I'd provide a link, but they don't seem to be working for me now.

At the tactical/squadron/crew level the VG diagram is the primary ref that the guys know cold. They would have been classified back in the day.

Rob de Bie

If you've tried the normal NACA/NASA tech report archive, the only other place I'd suggest is the Defense Technical Information Center (DTIC). I'd provide a link, but they don't seem to be working for me now.

At the tactical/squadron/crew level the VG diagram is the primary ref that the guys know cold. They would have been classified back in the day.

Thanks for the tips! I found one useful report on the NASA report server: NACA RM L57E17 'Time-history Data of Maneuvers Performed by a Republic F-84F Airplane During Squadron Operational Training'. It contains data of a few LABS manouevers, and it's roughly what I was trying to analyze myself. It's a great start, thanks!

Rob