• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts Wanted Looking for a used Rotax 377, 447 or 503

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

QuantumBlueberry

Currently trying to find a used engine for the ultralight I'm trying to build right now. Specifically looking for something under $1400 due to the fact that I can get a 477 on ppgparamotor's website for that much new, and I'm trying to cut costs wherever possible. Any of the three engine types work. If you have any of these you're trying to get off your hands shoot me an email at [email protected].
NOTE: Any engines of similar HP range (35-50 HP and around 80 lbs and under) would also work. From what research I've done I've mostly just found that Rotax engines are very common for cheaper engines so thats the main thing I'm reaching out for.

Dana

Super Moderator
Staff member
$1400 for a new 447 would be amazing, considering that the 447 hasn't been made in quite a few years. That's even a good price for a used/overhauled engine.

But note that ppgparamotor.com is in Indonesia, so they may be selling clones, not genuine Rotax. As such, the quality may be questionable. Some people have found that the Asian clone engines have supposedly interchangeable parts that don't quite fit.

You might look for a Cuyuna ULII-02 engine (35HP), parts are readily available and a lot cheaper than Rotax parts.

QuantumBlueberry

$1400 for a new 447 would be amazing, considering that the 447 hasn't been made in quite a few years. That's even a good price for a used/overhauled engine.

But note that ppgparamotor.com is in Indonesia, so they may be selling clones, not genuine Rotax. As such, the quality may be questionable. Some people have found that the Asian clone engines have supposedly interchangeable parts that don't quite fit.

You might look for a Cuyuna ULII-02 engine (35HP), parts are readily available and a lot cheaper than Rotax parts.
Do you have any suggestions on what places might sell the Cuyuna engine you mentioned? A google search of it didn't yield any results and I don't really know where to look beyond here and barnstormers.

rv7charlie

Supporting Member
Hi Bill,
PM me your email address, and I'll send you a link to all the pics in my rebuild folder (total frame up restoration in 2017) or give me a call at 601-572-7198 to discuss.

Location is Slobovia Outernational (MS71), about 10 miles north of Jackson MS.

Attachments

• Kolb complete (Medium).jpg
    Kolb complete (Medium).jpg
    98.1 KB · Views: 0

MACOWA

Supporting Member
Currently trying to find a used engine for the ultralight I'm trying to build right now. Specifically looking for something under $1400 due to the fact that I can get a 477 on ppgparamotor's website for that much new, and I'm trying to cut costs wherever possible. Any of the three engine types work. If you have any of these you're trying to get off your hands shoot me an email at [email protected].
NOTE: Any engines of similar HP range (35-50 HP and around 80 lbs and under) would also work. From what research I've done I've mostly just found that Rotax engines are very common for cheaper engines so thats the main thing I'm reaching out for.
I have a zero hours 503 with new B gearbox $2000. Also props (pusher&tractor) & proper exhaust systems to match applications.

rfgazor

Do you have any suggestions on what places might sell the Cuyuna engine you mentioned? A google search of it didn't yield any results and I don't really know where to look beyond here and barnstormers.
As for Cuyuna parts, they are available here: Cuyuna & 2si Engine Parts and Diversified Power Equipment Retailer in Illinois If they ask, it's for an Air Boat you're building. (wink)

Complete motors are a different story. There's at least one on ebay, but it's in real rough shape. It's here if you want to look:

I pretty sure they were used in snowmobiles like the Scorpion, and are also known as 2SI-460's. See here: 2si 460 - Wikipedia

They were the motor that came with the Kitfox Lite UL. Keep searching FB Marketplace, Barnstormers, Craigslist, and maybe some snowmobile forums. Good luck.