• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Looking For A Flashlight - Yes, E-AB Related!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toobuilder

Supporting Member
This is kind of a "how to" and kind of a "Help Needed" post - bear with me.

I and a couple other people on the RV forum are experimenting with inexpensive LED flashlights as Landing/taxi lights and believe it or not, it looks quite promising. some details and pictures here

Anyway, I purchased 4 of these lights and after they showed up on my door I discovered they are apparently from several different vendors. Same model number and general appearance, but different. Many of the differences are not an issue for what I'm doing with them, but unforunately, the "multi mode" function is kind of a problem. While they all have the same modes (high, medium, low, strobe, SOS), they are accessed in a different order!

So here's the deal:

I need one more of the "old style" lights and am willing to trade for a new in box "new style". If you have purchased one of these things in the last few months, and willing to trade me, it would sure help me out.

Here's the light:

Trustfire Cree Xm-l T6 5-modes 3800lm Led Flashlight Electric Torch - Amazon.com

The unit I need is easily identifiable if you unscrew the body (battery tube) from the light head and see TWO contact springs in the head. One is the small center spring for the positive contact, the other is a large diameter spring which contacts the battery tube for the negative contact.

Thanks for listening!

Back