• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

looking for a fishing plane

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fly2fish

Hello all,

Love the forum and this is my first post here. So here goes... I'm looking for a fishing plane.

Fly two 200lb occupants up to 250nm, land on a remote lake, fish from the plane all day like you might in a bass boat, and return home without refueling.
Must be an amphibian.

My research tells me there are many existing aircraft that can make the trip, but would be difficult to fish from.
Imagine two people comfortably casting all day, moving the plane from spot to spot, etc.

I realize it will never be as comfortable as a bass boat would be (it has to be an airplane after all). But how close could you get?

1. What would be the best existing design for this?
2. If you could design something new, what would it look like?

All ideas welcome. Thanks!

Back