Long flight SE to NW Planning

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

pwood66889

"Will probably stop at Moriarty. Don't they have a glider museum there?"
Moriarty, New Mexico, is glider heaven. Yes, please visit the museum there. I flew to the Land of Enchantment fly-in a couple times.
And I second Billski's suggestion to get a professional look at those linkages. Try to find a wrench with Cherokee experience. `Zis ride new to you?

delta

My neighbor didn't have any input other than get it looked at. The situation still scares me a little...

Better luck tomorrow with the winds and the cielings...

Rick

Bill-Higdon

You fix roll in a Cherokee by adjusting the length of one or both pushrods. Bottom of the wing root has a little sheet metal filler with a rubber seal held on with three or four sheet metal screws. Remove the screws and the cover to expose the flap bellcrank and pushrod. You can put the flap lever where you want, loosen the nuts at the Hiem joints and adjust its length, then tighten the nuts again. Put the cover back on. A little can go a long ways. To be legal, I think a mechanic ought to make an entry in the airframe log, but I understand that lots of folks fine tune and never enter it.

Billski
I'll third, fourth & fifth Bilski's comment

PiperCruisin

You fix roll in a Cherokee by adjusting the length of one or both pushrods. Bottom of the wing root has a little sheet metal filler with a rubber seal held on with three or four sheet metal screws. Remove the screws and the cover to expose the flap bellcrank and pushrod. You can put the flap lever where you want, loosen the nuts at the Hiem joints and adjust its length, then tighten the nuts again. Put the cover back on. A little can go a long ways. To be legal, I think a mechanic ought to make an entry in the airframe log, but I understand that lots of folks fine tune and never enter it.

Billski
I thought it was something like that. I'm going to get an A&P to look at it tomorrow.

Rockiedog2

One of my fav cafes is just sw of Page at Marble Canyon. Land and walk across the hwy. not open year round

PiperCruisin

I'm just trying to get back to Idaho. But I think I'll come back to spend some time.
Today is the day to complete the trek. Btw... Hotels here are cheap this time of year.

davidb

It’s like childbirth, you’ll soon forget how painful it was and want to do it again. Cheers!