Wanted Long Ez Plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

sleeperrx7

If you got em, give em up! I really want to start my first build. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Every link I find is 8 years old or more (go fig). I don't want a half finished kit as I am not comfortable with other people's mechanical abilities. Yeah I'm picky. If you have been staring at them for 20 years or so, it's time to let them go to someone who will use them. Thanks:ban:

Kyle Boatright

If you google "Open ez", you will find links to the Canard Aviation Forum where you can find the plans and templates for the "Open EZ" which is a public source clone of the Long EZ.

Turd Ferguson

In addition, there's a yahoo group or two. No reason why you can't compile enough information to build the plane. The Long-EZ plans are not your usual set of drawings and blueprints. I would describe them as being more like a cookbook. You complete all of step one, then move to step two. Just be sure to incorporate the CP (Canard Pusher) newsletters. That's how RAF communicated design changes/upgrades/improvements.

BTW, if you are in Lima, there is a lot of homebuilding in your area. Just have to look around.

DangerZone

HBA Supporter
If you got em, give em up! I really want to start my first build. I can't seem to find them anywhere. Every link I find is 8 years old or more (go fig). I don't want a half finished kit as I am not comfortable with other people's mechanical abilities. Yeah I'm picky. If you have been staring at them for 20 years or so, it's time to let them go to someone who will use them. Thanks:ban:
Try this:

Downloadable Long-EZ Plans - Page 2 - Canard Aviation Forum

Scroll down and somewhere half way there should be 4 links that are still active.

Marc's page could help a lot, too.

https://sites.google.com/site/garagerocket/home

WurlyBird

I have long been in love with the EZ designs they just aren't very high on my list because I like wind in my face a little too much. On Marc's page for nose construction, does it seem like he will only have braking available for turning? I cannot imagine an EZ will stop any time soon if you can't apply both brakes at the same time. Props to him for his ingenuity, he is doing some great stuff on a budget, but if anyone communicates with him they may want to point that out.

EDIT: Ignore the hell out of me, I just found out the rudders operate independently of one another. I will now sulk back to the "conventional" airplane posts :dis:

Last edited:

DangerZone

HBA Supporter
I have long been in love with the EZ designs they just aren't very high on my list because I like wind in my face a little too much. On Marc's page for nose construction, does it seem like he will only have braking available for turning? I cannot imagine an EZ will stop any time soon if you can't apply both brakes at the same time. Props to him for his ingenuity, he is doing some great stuff on a budget, but if anyone communicates with him they may want to point that out.

EDIT: Ignore the hell out of me, I just found out the rudders operate independently of one another. I will now sulk back to the "conventional" airplane posts :dis:
It is ok, it could happen to anyone... ;)

I have seen some people made different landing gear than in the plans, protruding down from the wings making it sturdier for landings on harsh terrain. It solves the landing gear problems some Berkuts and LEZs had and breaking is easier.

Last edited: