• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Load Test Spoiler Panel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

proppastie

Check out same in build log.... 60 mph Never exceed speed Limit Load test per FAA Glider Criteria. Interesting the CD for the spec. from Glider Criteria is over 2, (see spread sheet) recent posting had CD of this type of spoiler at 1.38 (I think that is what it said.)

As a novice stress man I feel it is imperative to load test my creations to a recognized specification. Nothing bent,.....not sure how the list might view it.
IMG_20190327_135249.jpg IMG_20190327_135558.jpg IMG_20190327_140228.jpg

Attachments

• spoiler calc4.xls
    158 KB · Views: 5
  • spoiler.pdf
    1.1 MB · Views: 4
Back