Quantcast

Wanted Lma 75% taylor plans

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

flywheel1935

Hi, was it yourself who emailed Alan, the original LMA importer in the UK ??? about a year ago.
I have now bought out all his stock, BUT you cannot build just off plans, as they don't exist, only build manuals and
full size fuselage drawings, there are no wing drawings, apart from A4 size sketches, and a few photos.
I've got a set of Cub drawings.( and a build log, in the Tube and Fabric Forum, LMA to SSDR20191021_114216 (1).jpg spec in the uk)

gazpachoazul

Hi, was it yourself who emailed Alan, the original LMA importer in the UK ??? about a year ago.
I have now bought out all his stock, BUT you cannot build just off plans, as they don't exist, only build manuals and
full size fuselage drawings, there are no wing drawings, apart from A4 size sketches, and a few photos.
I've got a set of Cub drawings.( and a build log, in the Tube and Fabric Forum, LMA to SSDRView attachment 92164 spec in the uk)

gazpachoazul

Hi , so dado to know It, is not posible a plan ? But anyone have one complete ? What are you doing whith your kit ? Thanks, Enrique Lara.

flywheel1935

Hi gazpachoazul, as you can see from the photo I am building my kit, It is a slow aircraft to build in the UK, because the Hysol epoxy needed to assemble it
is best used in high temps 25C+, which we only get in UK summers.20190824_131806.jpg 20190824_131956.jpg

flywheel1935

LMA do not supply plans, only assembly drawings, (they are not the same).You cannot build an LMA aircraft without the kit of parts,
as most parts arrive pre cut to assemble as per the Assembly Drawings.
Better to look at an alternate aircraft, maybe from Fisher ????

MI-Roger

I've got a set of Cub drawings.( and a build log, in the Tube and Fabric Forum, LMA to SSDRView attachment 92164 spec in the uk)
I am looking for a set of full size fuselage drawings for a LMA model LM-1A. I already have the completed wings, landing gear, and "Tail Feathers". Let me know from your experience if I require the Build Manual at this time too. I can foresee needing it for the eventual assembly and all steps after fuselage construction.

flywheel1935

Hi MI-Roger. I don't think you could progress much further without the 'Build Manual', Are you going wood or alloy airframe ??? My plans are for the Alloy airframe, but the alloy tube 1/2 x 3/4 x 0.035 wall, is no longer available, best I could find was 3/4x3/4 x 0.049". I'm happy to loan out the Build Manual and drawings at this stage, But would require some form of deposit to ensure their safe return. Also shipping to the states ( guess that's your base ?) is not cheap either, not being difficult, just practicle . Have a think and get back to me. use; alahpierce@hotmail.co.uk

MI-Roger

Hi MI-Roger. I don't think you could progress much further without the 'Build Manual', Are you going wood or alloy airframe ??? My plans are for the Alloy airframe, but the alloy tube 1/2 x 3/4 x 0.035 wall, is no longer available, best I could find was 3/4x3/4 x 0.049". I'm happy to loan out the Build Manual and drawings at this stage, But would require some form of deposit to ensure their safe return. Also shipping to the states ( guess that's your base ?) is not cheap either, not being difficult, just practicle . Have a think and get back to me. use; alahpierce@hotmail.co.uk
My intent is for Wood airframe. Are their shops nearby which can provide full size copies of the drawings you have? Roll size copiers or scanners with large format plotters.
Yes, I am in the US with 48197 as Zip Code/ Mail Code.

flywheel1935

Hi, ive only got the alloy airframe drawings, not wood. At present here in the uk we are in lock down, so most places shut. Your best to look at sourcing airframe drawings in the states. Wicks aircraft supply do fuselage kits in wood. I,m laid up at present with a stomch issue, but when i feel better i can dig out some contacts, inc fred mccullems son, but to be fair hes not too helpfull . There are wood lma,s in new zealand, i,ll dig there info out too.

flywheel1935

Hi Mi-Roger, try this chap, he,s in the states and part of the Yahoo LMA builders group, johnwadmaniii@hotmail.com
Yahoo closed all groups about 6 months ago, think hes got wood LMA. whats your direct email address, as I can send bigger attachments directly, youve got mine, I'd like to see your wings please.

MI-Roger

Email is: rdcook.pe@gmail.com

I have signed the purchase agreement for the wings but won't have physical possession for another month due to Lock-Down here in the States.

I cannot email you directly, both attempts have resulted in delayed undeliverable message errors. Is hotmail.co.uk still a valid extension? It appears that some email providers are pushing all users to the .com extension.

Roger

flywheel1935

Plans are still available through Fred's son Cliif.
Hi Have you got his email address, I seem to have lost it. Emailed him a couple of times last year but he really was a bit evasive ref ; LMA info. think
he was recovering from a hand injury and promised to get back to me, but nothing so far. Wicks do Kits of parts but not sure ref plans .