• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

List your setbacks.......

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MadProfessor8138

I'm pretty sure that everyone that is building an aircraft has encountered times that have aggravated them with the project and made them step back and regroup to keep their sanity.
List your setbacks or obstacles that you overcame during your build.

My Stork RW19......

1. Plans are very disorganized
2. Part #'s listed on plans are obsolete now
3. Some materials called for are hard to find if not impossible
4. Specific parts used on original are no longer available and the modern replacements are extremely $ pricey $
5. Manufacturer/supplier catalogs & websites do not provide needed information prompting a lengthy journey to obtain the information requested
6. Shipping costs are outrageous
7. Tools have not worked properly and needed returned

Those are just a few of the issues that I have dealt with during my build.
I'm no where near giving up but I do have to step back at times and take a deep breath.
Surely I'm not the only one.....

Kevin

Last edited:
Back