• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Lincoln Sport Bi-Plane Plans

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

rbrochey

Ran across this by accident... looks interesting. Does anyone know where I could purchase the plans for this?? Or any other information like flight characteristics...Thanks!!! :)

yellowinfrontofhangar.jpg

Wanttaja

Guy near Seattle had a project for sale, a couple of years ago. Wanted too much money for it ($7000).

Ron Wanttaja

TerryM76

Good link. You can buy copies of several plans on eBay. I had a CD with Midget Mustang and Corben Super Ace on the same disk but lost it when my computer was stolen. Haven't been able to find it on eBay since.

Terry

FoamyDM

My friends great uncle learned to fly with lindburg when home and build and flew this plane. This looks like a fun garage build.

Is there an advantage to using traditional materials, or does this look like it might benefit from advanced materials and building technique?

TFF

Changing materials really means a totally different plane. It looks like it does because the materials. It’s kind of wasted effort to go with fancy materials and make it fake. Models are overbuilt and swapping materials is easy because they all are pretty strong. Full size planes need it thought out because all materials can break done wrong. Cost will probably be no different either.

FoamyDM

I am going to ask some possibly dumb questions. I want to State first that I am just beginning to look into the build aspect of flying. As such I have not done some detailed homework yet. As I have limited space to start (not uncommon I'm sure). I have wood working knowhow but structural lightness hasn't been a prime Concern until recently. So I haven't look too hard at this... my thoughts with that are two fold. 1) Likely the 30hp 3-cylinder radial may be lighter, and 2) lightening the empennage may save weight for balance.

as a wrinkle for me, the available load is 230. Which is my weight. While I have about 20-30 lbs to lose, by saving 20 lbs in material and engine weight, it might be how I can increase the margins.

That said, I wonder about this in general. As I'm not looking around to make a faithful reproduction, just something to build and fly for fun. This plane was designed specifically so ANYONE can go to the hardware store to build one from home. (circa 1920s)