Lighweight opposite 2-stroke engines

HomeBuiltAirplanes.com

Help Support HomeBuiltAirplanes.com:

jbiplane

Today we all MUST be drank and offtopic. We need to change weared parts not only for engines but as well for ourselves.
Next year will I install titanium tooth instead of missed one. An exact copy with all dental roots.
My patented invention :) Now programming in 5-axis on CNC.

Last edited by a moderator:

pictsidhe

Today we all MUST be drank and offtopic. We need to change weared parts not only for engines but as well for ourselves.
Next year will I install titanium tooth instead of missed one. An exact copy with all dental roots.
My patented invention :) Now programming in 5-axis on CNC.

[video=youtube;hZs51rQq0l8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZs51rQq0l8[/video]
But haven't you got another 13 days to go to New Year?

Last edited by a moderator:

blane.c

HBA Supporter
How much do these engines vibrate? How much room needs to be allowed between propeller tips and stuff you don't want removed?

jbiplane

How much do these engines vibrate? How much room needs to be allowed between propeller tips and stuff you don't want removed?
For high rpm opposites vibrate a few. They have torque vibration on small rpm. Can be slighly decrerased by digital ignition. Inline engines could be good alternate for 2-motor planes like Kolb. Inline is cheaper to bulid and it much easier to start than one cylinder or opposite. What comfort power or trust do you need?

blane.c

HBA Supporter
For high rpm opposites vibrate a few. They have torque vibration on small rpm. Can be slighly decrerased by digital ignition. Inline engines could be good alternate for 2-motor planes like Kolb. Inline is cheaper to bulid and it much easier to start than one cylinder or opposite. What comfort power or trust do you need?
You recommended the 236 a while back. What is the weight of the inline and what is the weight of the opposite with EEM and the 2 into 1 pipe, starter motor, alternator, isolation bushings, and direct drive propeller? Also cost for same? What is static thrust and Propeller diameter for direct drive?

jbiplane

You recommended the 236 a while back. What is the weight of the inline and what is the weight of the opposite with EEM and the 2 into 1 pipe, starter motor, alternator, isolation bushings, and direct drive propeller? Also cost for same? What is static thrust and Propeller diameter for direct drive?
I will create in 2 weeks new web site taylored to private users and place there all information you asked. Now I making 2 engines by myself and doing remote jobs for others.