• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

Lightweight Seats

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Winginitt

Since most builders are always in the market for a good lightweight seat, I thought I would put this out for consumption. They are not the absolute lightest, but they are strong, comfortable, and well made....as well as reasonably priced on Ebay. The picture that has the weight posted is with a seat that has a metal mounting bracket attached, so the seat alone is even lighter. I'll also post a picture of the bracket mount in the floor of a Razer, so you can see how they fit together. They are adjustable. If this works in an off road vehicle, it should be strong enough for an airplane, although I'm sure some pilots will test that theory. They are easy to remove for service access. Think you can get a pair used for about $200. Just check Ebay occassionally. Also, the slots under the headrest give nice points to route seat belts.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Polaris-RZ...555950?hash=item287fd8076e:g:X5IAAOSw4CFYrhZ9

IMG_1371.JPG IMG_1371.JPG IMG_1374.JPG IMG_1380.JPG IMG_1377.JPG

Last edited:
Back