• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Lightweight metal PA-18 Cub Plans

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

misterpeter

HBA Supporter
Thanks for the message, I sent you my address again, correctly formatted for Germany. Please send me a picture of the address label on the returned package :)

misterpeter

HBA Supporter
Ihaa at be never heard of international post being returned to the sender… most unusual! The postal service in the sending country has no means of checking the address before it is sent to the receiving country and don’t care, either, whether it is right or wrong. On the receiving country, the customs are only interested in value and give the packet to the local postal service to deliver, with an invoice to the recipient. It is porheosta service to deliver and if they have problems with the address, the recipient’s phone number is there to call to clarify. If I had a tracking number, I could see myself if there was a holdup of some kind, but you never gave me one and I suspect that if indeed it did come back to you, that it would never have left the USA, as the cost of sending back from Germany after customs checks etc would have been too much and they would just have ‘lost’ it, which is very rare, especially since they had my phone number…
Please resend the packet ASAP, as my kids are driving me mad with questions and don’t forget the tracking number this time. :)

airbike

Log Member
Hurry send me your new address.
I will go to post office before 4 pm today.

misterpeter

HBA Supporter
Hi Richard. Hope you are well. With the time-difference between us, it is not always possible to reply quickly as despite being a pensioner, I still have to work to stay alive
- and a welding-shop is not the quietest of environments :)
Hope that you got my messages, anyway.

misterpeter

HBA Supporter
Hi Richard, I just spoke to the post office in Brewton who have been open all the time, there have been no closures in the area due to flooding, so please enough of the fairy stories and send me the plans that I paid more than $300 for more than a month ago. I am tired of this and you are in the process of bursting a dream of four of my children. No stories, just post the material and send me the tracking number, too, please.

Woofbite

Hi Richard, I just spoke to the post office in Brewton who have been open all the time, there have been no closures in the area due to flooding, so please enough of the fairy stories and send me the plans that I paid more than $300 for more than a month ago. I am tired of this and you are in the process of bursting a dream of four of my children. No stories, just post the material and send me the tracking number, too, please.
please take Your conflict in private

misterpeter

HBA Supporter
I promised to send you the cost of re-posting after I receive the parcel, the second half of which arrived today - you could have told me that you had split the shipment, though! Sorry about the misunderstanding :)

Last edited:

misterpeter

HBA Supporter
Richard, what you sent me was not what you advertised on the forum and not what you described as what you had.

It is NOT a set of plans, but is 30 pages of assembly instructions for a KIT, which would already have had all the parts included, so drawings would be largely unnecessary, so there were just some sketchy general layouts. 30% of the A4 sheets were packing lists of the parts in the kit and the rest advertising material/ newsletters and 20 photocopied and chopped up sketches of a few parts and how they fit together.

Yes there was an almost
complete life-size fuselage side and a horizontal stabiliser drawing + a paper rib pattern.

Not exactly enough to build an aircraft from ‘welded thin walled steel or wood’ as you stated (there was not one single mention of 4130 in all of the texts).

You have been doing aviation (and your own Supercub) for long enough to know exactly what you were selling, so basically you scammed me.

I am not at all pleased. Fred DID sell complete plans, and that is what you misled the forum was what you had. My kids are also livid that you took their savings for my 66th birthday present to play a bad joke and line your own pockets; It’s no surprise to me that your website is called ‘Everyday Making Money’, now I know another side of your business… I wouldn’t be surprised if there are others here on the forum that have also been ‘taken for a ride’ by your dubious dealings and delaying tactics.

I think it only fair that everyone on this forum should be wary of your activities. Such a shame, what a waste of time and effort!

BJC

HBA Supporter
please take Your conflict in private
Personal conflicts should be taken private.
I think it only fair that everyone on this forum should be wary of your activities. Such a shame, what a waste of time and effort!
Agree. This “conflict” should serve as a warning to others here; not everyone selling plans is legit. Another “plans seller”, who, in fact, advertises plans that he has no right to sell, pops up fairly often in discussions here.

BJC

dwalker

HBA Supporter
Richard, what you sent me was not what you advertised on the forum and not what you described as what you had.

It is NOT a set of plans, but is 30 pages of assembly instructions for a KIT, which would already have had all the parts included, so drawings would be largely unnecessary, so there were just some sketchy general layouts. 30% of the A4 sheets were packing lists of the parts in the kit and the rest advertising material/ newsletters and 20 photocopied and chopped up sketches of a few parts and how they fit together.

Yes there was an almost
complete life-size fuselage side and a horizontal stabiliser drawing + a paper rib pattern.

Not exactly enough to build an aircraft from ‘welded thin walled steel or wood’ as you stated (there was not one single mention of 4130 in all of the texts).

You have been doing aviation (and your own Supercub) for long enough to know exactly what you were selling, so basically you scammed me.

I am not at all pleased. Fred DID sell complete plans, and that is what you misled the forum was what you had. My kids are also livid that you took their savings for my 66th birthday present to play a bad joke and line your own pockets; It’s no surprise to me that your website is called ‘Everyday Making Money’, now I know another side of your business… I wouldn’t be surprised if there are others here on the forum that have also been ‘taken for a ride’ by your dubious dealings and delaying tactics.

So, I was hoping this would be different for you. I purchased a set of plans from Richard which I was led to believe would have all of the templates etc. for the Zenith 750, and what I got was the construction manual. I am about 90% sure I can get the drawings or I will be forced to purchase a complete set of plans. I looked back over it at the time and he had not actually said he had or was selling the drawings, just the plans, so I put it down to a simple misunderstanding and I should have asked for clarity.

In your case I do not think this is true and the item has been misrepresented. I would hope that in this case Richard (airbike and cubbike ) would refund you the money and you guys could come to some workable solution for the return of the plans, but I doubt that will be the case.