• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBuiltAirplanes and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Parts For Sale Lightweight metal PA-18 Cub Plans

Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum

Help Support Homebuilt Aircraft & Kit Plane Forum:

pwood66889

"I will get more information about LM-X5 Cub to you today after work."
Mister Peter and Air/Cub Bike: I have some Light Miniature stuff from when Fred was active. I visited him in 1991 and corresponded around that time. Another HBA person is restoring one of his aluminum airframes in England. Hope your project ends satisfactorily.
Percy in NW FL, USA

airbike

Log Member
Hi there Cub Bike, I am very interested. Not much like this available in Germany or at all on this side of ‘the pond’… How do we move forward? Payment is probably down to PayPal and postage will have to be calculated. I also don’t want to have to pay huge import duties… ;) All the best, Peter
Hi there Cub Bike, I am very interested. Not much like this available in Germany or at all on this side of ‘the pond’… How do we move forward? Payment is probably down to PayPal and postage will have to be calculated. I also don’t want to have to pay huge import duties… ;) All the best, Peter

misterpeter

HBA Supporter
Contact with anyone that has (had) anything to do with one of these would be a great help. Fred seems also to have been a bit of a character :)

pwood66889

Just some printed sales literature and correspondence, I'm afraid. And that is from 30 years ago. LMA does bring out good memories, though.
I thought his square, bonded aluminum tube frames were interesting.

airbike

Log Member
I sent my email by message to you, rather than here on the forum :)
You can use aluminum or square or wood or steel fuselage, you will need to make balance and weight
Power is up to 115 hp. Original Piper Cub pa18 carries 150-160 hp.
The plans and manual will arrive to you next week, I believe.

airbike

Log Member
Hi Percy, are you willing to part with any of it?
I still have PA-18 landing gear and tailwheel assembly for sale. You have to weld the PA-18 landing gear
From 26 inches to 19 1/4 inches from front leg to rear leg. You follow the plans instruction.

misterpeter

HBA Supporter
Ok, so that sounds simple enough, will understand better when the plans arrive. What was it that you wanted for the wheels, then? Postage would be horrendous, but I’m unlikely to find some ‘lying around’ over here any time soon… I take it that the wheels have brakes and will need renovating?

airbike

Log Member
Ok, so that sounds simple enough, will understand better when the plans arrive. What was it that you wanted for the wheels, then? Postage would be horrendous, but I’m unlikely to find some ‘lying around’ over here any time soon… I take it that the wheels have brakes and will need renovating?
I agree that postage would be horrendous. You should receive them next week.
A guy in South Africa finally received my parts almost one month. It happened.
My landing gear with brakes, you need rims and tires and tubes.

airbike

Log Member
I still have no tracking number from you, Richard. Please update me so that I can follow where it is! :)
I will ask my wife about it. She will come home at 12 am. She works 3 pm till 11 pm.
She will give it to me in the morning.

I also need your email address, I can send many links to you by email.

misterpeter

HBA Supporter
I will ask my wife about it. She will come home at 12 am. She works 3 pm till 11 pm.
She will give it to me in the morning.

I also need your email address, I can send many links to you by email.
I have already sent my email address to you by message off forum to your cub bike address