• Welcome aboard HomebuiltAirplanes.com, your destination for connecting with a thriving community of more than 10,000 active members, all passionate about home-built aviation. Dive into our comprehensive repository of knowledge, exchange technical insights, arrange get-togethers, and trade aircrafts/parts with like-minded enthusiasts. Unearth a wide-ranging collection of general and kit plane aviation subjects, enriched with engaging imagery, in-depth technical manuals, and rare archives.

For a nominal fee of $99.99/year or $12.99/month, you can immerse yourself in this dynamic community and unparalleled treasure-trove of aviation knowledge.

Embark on your journey now!

Click Here to Become a Premium Member and Experience Homebuilt Airplanes to the Fullest!

light aircraft engine in development.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cheapracer

Hi Guys, cheapracer here but I will use cheapflyer for this thread so as to keep PM questions seperate.

Although this is a thread that you may think you can not reply to, you can; I encourage any comments or questions you wish, even the tough ones and critisisms, to be PM'ed to cheapflyer and I will quote them and answer them here. This will enable the subject to stay on topic.

So here we go .....again;

===============================================

New LSA style engine - "work in progress" 2 x Patents 2 x Pending

Hi Guys,

I would like to announce that I will be starting the development of a bespoke LSA style aircraft engine, water cooled 4 stroke of 1.7L capacity and looking for a reliable 90hp aprox.

It is a unique and unusual design which has some advantages in size, shape and torsional vibration, all important to light aircraft along with a low component count. It is unusual engine but not a radical engine by any means and is based on mass produced, 'off the shelf' well proven components integrated into bespoke casings.

For these reasons and others, the price is aimed to be somewhere around half of the current popular 90hp engine class leader.

Of course some of you already realise that part of that low cost is that around 50% of it, ie; the long block, will be produced in China, but with Western management, design, quality control and if it's of concern to anyone, the bulk of profits will go back West (it has to, I have 3 adult daughters who like shoes and bags!). I am talking with Western ancillary suppliers for dry sump, fuel systems, electrics etc. i.e. the other 50% of the engine.

There is no "Investment" grab, it's not an ask to get orders or deposits, it's simply an information with continued updates thread for those who may be looking at choices on a budget for next year and I will start detailing the engine and showing the development stages of the prototype and other interesting stuff along the way, should be fun!

PS;
Yes, yes I know Chinese engines are usually made from recycled WW2 scrap recovered from the bottom of the ocean melted down with soy sauce, duck feathers, old soup cans and recycled coke cans for pistons, but I'll try to raise the game a bit

There's a few more posts to come yet guys, lots of info so keeping the posts seperate, be patient .....

Last edited:
Back